Friday, October 20, 2017

Thursday Thoughts

It's Friday.

And it's been quite awhile since I've had a job where Friday was anticipated as the best day; the end day. of the week.


I don't feel any TGIF at all today, and that doesn't bother me at all because I rather feel TGIA.  Thank God I'm Alive sounds much better.  Why should I wait for one day out of seven to be grateful.


The play is going well, but last night was weird.

It felt so good getting back there; getting back to business and doing something for once that I know I should be doing.


I went to Epcot.
I saw my place for the first time since after the hurricane.
It was great to get out of town.
And it was great to be back.

But then the show started.

And it was weird.

Somebody's shoe flew off.

Somebody fell and skinned their elbow.

Somebody went to pretend to fall and really fell.  Somebody else came in for a cue way early; and it was kind of my fault- a miscommunication.


But our quartet sounded the best it has.


I'm looking forward to a performance in the future in which people aren't afraid to try; to be told pointers, to take direction and to disagree.

I wonder when that will happen.


I realize that when someone doesn't agree with me; I'm hurt.  This is an emotional problem; not an intellectual one.  I don't want to live in a world where everyone already agrees with me.

Rather; I'd like to convince them.


 

No comments:

Post a Comment