Monday, November 5, 2018

First Fast

Didn't plan it.

Didn't time it.

But as November 2nd dawned and I was in think of the free food search; it occurred to me that I wasn't hungry and freeness was no reason.

So, I sat on the couch.



Hmmmm....

I'm not sure how to evaluate that; a mixture of self-determination and inaction.  So, I'll just write what happened.


Two Fridays ago, I could feel the smoke going to the back of my throat.  I was wondering why my table companion kept mentioning it; because that just kept bringing it to my attention repeatedly, and helped no one; but as I kept watching the two-pulled-together tables of proud smokers exhaling in unison, proudly; I couldn't help but get drawn in.

I don't think we were doing badly at trivia, but I'm not sure; not being there to win, really.

But, as the complaining continued, I kept getting more and more annoyed.  My annoyance shifted from the messenger to the culprits; lounging there together, lighting and re-lighting with their own rhythm; but exhaling together- and I could just feel my throat getting raw.

The annoyance of my throat feeling got worse and worse and for the next two weeks, I had an excess of phlegm and pain in my throat; particularly in the evening.  I couldn't believe how long it lasted.  At first, when my cousins were in town, it just affected my voice.  My little one told me that I always talked like that; after all, he had never heard me speak any other way.  But then the symptoms went to a more normal feeling and I didn't want to eat.

A delicious carrot cake, some Halloween candy, an Indian buffet and some lime and orange juice- that's what I ate for a couple days.  But then, I really didn't want anything- at all.

I liked the Reese's white chocolate ghosts- the first one was the best; and I liked the Hershey's nuggets as always- but I just didn't want anything more.  And that included Subway for which I have a coupon- Jersey Mike's which probably sent me something free, and even Chipotle.  So if I don't want it, why would I eat it.


Part of this is determining what I want- and when. 

Throughout- I was drinking distilled water and when I went to get more at the store closed for rodent activity, I went to Winn-Dixie.  The produce there is generally double the price and less fresh than my favorite produce stand.  I bought some cut fruit and some distilled water.  The gentleman cashier introduced himself- BB, and said he was trying not to think of negative things because it blocked the light; and got in the way of the image.

So, now- I'm in the lieberry getting audition materials.  Camelot.

No comments:

Post a Comment