Monday, April 6, 2020

Peter the autistic

I think of autism as a modern thing. And that's probably just because it's growing. I once read that somebody said, that autism and I think they meant the whole spectrum, is the next step in human evolution. And I suppose empaths we see value in that because we don't want to be bogged down by the emotions of others and hiding in a corner for the rest of our lives. Be that as it may, autism is probably something that's been around forever but I've never thought of it before. Reading two accounts of Peter I think maybe he was autistic. When the other disciples dismiss the woman's tale of an Angel saying that Jesus isn't here at the tomb but risen, he just jumps up to go look. And at the foot washing scene Peter refuses at first but then when Jesus said he needs to be washed he exclaims that he wants all of them to be washed. So there's a change in desire based on interpreting the words as literal. Rather people would just say okay go ahead, Peter wants it all once he realizes its importance.

No comments:

Post a Comment