Friday, February 12, 2021

the psychology of panhandling

So there are certain parts of certain towns, where people come up and ask for money. It's certain intersections, and certain shopping centers. and I remember in Orlando, certain gas stations. Now I know some of this is organized, with panhandlers showing up for their shift and exchanging their cardboard signs that say God Bless and being dropped off at certain times and so forth. including the McDonald's on Forest Hill and Congress where they take their afternoon breaks, but all these people are not organized. But the ones that talk about bus fare, is that actually true? Because it seems like it happens a lot.   But is that part of the spiel, or if I was a panhandler would I actually want money for a bus?  People that talk about a bus, which I'm going to lump in with the people who need to take the Greyhound back to their town, meaning, I don't believe them, seems so well practiced in their story and then they just run off as soon as they get money instead of seeing genuinely grateful.  But I can tell you this, the people who make the God Bless signs could make them a little bigger.

No comments:

Post a Comment