Tuesday, February 24, 2015

Computers vs. People

I used to explain to people that the main difference between computers and people is that a computer never knows what you mean.

For instance, I could ask you "What is today?"  There are many answers that would make sense to me. 

Today.

The day after yesterday.

The day before tomorrow.

2/24

2/24/2015

24/02/2015

February 24


The more I think about it: although it is true that computers are often only looking for one answer, and may never know what we mean-  What is a day to a computer?  What does February mean to a machine?  People are more like that than I'd think.  People are expecting to hear and see certain things also- and mostly waiting for the other person to stop talking so that they can start.


 Image result for robot man



 

No comments:

Post a Comment