Friday, June 7, 2019

These 50 States

Puerto Rico, Marshall Islands or somebody- maybe Guam; ought to join up and bring us to 51.  Or maybe California should split.  Not sure.  Are both halfs of California gone to hell in a basket of non-deplorables?  Not sure.

Bubonic plague in LA.

But what part of the state has burned up?  Not sure.


How are we gonna get 51 or 52 or 54 stars to look alright?  I think we should do it anyway, if the population of one of those territories of the US wants to become a state, and plan out the artistic possibilities of the flag later.

I think it's time.


Why do we have territories that aren't state?  Not sure.  But I think they should have the opportunity- and not be forced into it.  Whether Hawaii can go back to being a kingdom-- well, I think it sounds good but I am not sure about that one.  And I don't think we should give back Southwest US to Mexico.  But like the Amish, or unlike them, I don't know where to draw the line in time?  1860 borders?  1787 borders?  There is no way to turn back the clock.  But there is a way to let the pop of a place decide if they want to become a state or if they don't want to become a state.  But we gotta make sure the voters have lived there a year or more.


I wonder if there is a correlation between having one big city in a state and how that state operates?  I wonder if there is a correlation between states that have a big city that isn't its capital (FL is an example) and how they operate.

And I want to know how many states have changed capitals.



I think instead of voting districts, we should just make each county or parish into a voting district, and if the county seat isn't good enough to count the county's votes in it, then oh well.

1 comment:

  1. And what's the deal with Minneapolis-St.Paul? Only one half of it is the capital? Is that like having the capital of Buda but not Pescht?

    ReplyDelete