Tuesday, March 31, 2020

thought

Why Easter?

The daily devotional just gave me a thought. It said that Jesus is the only man who chose to be born.



Anyways thought, which is seeped into mainstream, it's very common that people say that we have chosen to come to Earth and then after that we will choose to come back or that we've chosen our parents.



Steeped in Christianity I just can't get behind that belief. Knowing the amount of control I have over this life kiss me no confidence that after death I will somehow control my very existence or that before this life, I somehow controlled it.



So it is startling to me to think how arrogant that thought is when contrasted with what Jesus did. And there's so many sin consequences of thinking we are like Jesus, and that's just a really clear expression of that belief.



Pride, pure and simple.

No comments:

Post a Comment