Thursday, August 13, 2020

job

Is it job, or Job?  As in biblical book of Job...  Not knowing the appropriateness of venting versus letting it go, I kind of want to make a list of all the times the census has led me to dead ends in my search for part-time temporary employment. I called them many times just to arrange an interview and this was months ago over the course of a month or so and then recently over the course of a week or so. When I reply to numbers that call me, I get voicemails that are not set up and when I call numbers that I'm told to call, I get voicemails that are not set up or people who don't know what I'm talking about. Today I'm scheduled for a training, the same training I successfully completed yesterday and the same training that I unsuccessfully completed, driving to the locations and being told to wait awhile and then being told to leave. I think I'm going to go to the training today, which will be the fourth time for this one training and for which I don't need to go, I think, because I did it yesterday. But since I got an email and a text I think I'm just going to go. and I'm going to see if maybe they want me to do this training a fifth time after today.

No comments:

Post a Comment