Tuesday, March 23, 2021

upon further reflection

When this couple looked at me dumbfounded, and showed no facial recognition that they knew what I was talking about, I believe they were lying. They acted like they'd never heard of a monster under the bed, as if children running across the room and jumping in bed to keep them safe from imaginary monsters underneath the bed was something they had never heard. This has to be a lie. Is it not also a common belief of children, that as long as they have covers around them that they are safe, but if they come out from underneath the covers something can get them? Now that I know they talk about each family member behind our backs...and why would I think that they wouldn't, since everybody does this, but I just never thought of it before, this is their way of showing how illogical I am. But everyone knows that children do this. Don't they? Me saying that children do this does not make me illogical. Because children do this. No?  

No comments:

Post a Comment