Friday, June 24, 2016

Genesis 46

Very candidly, I'm shocked.  We're already in Genesis 46 and I still want to go back to Eden and slow it down.  Next time we'll have the introduction of Jacob and his sons to Pharoah and wouldn't that be a sight to see.  I think of Charlton Heston and that white white lady Ann Baxter who says "Moshes" a lot.  I think of Yul wh's different looking than all of them.  Egypt was a melting pot during the time of Cleopatra but what about then?  They're painted black and brown and white and yellow and blue and even green and red.  I don't think they cared about skin color but in Song os Solomon there is the bias against sun in terms of manual labor vs. a desired life of luxury indoors.  I don't know.  But I don't think Moses or Joseph looked very different from the people they were among.

Today Dr. J. Vernon McGee mentioned the abominable shepherds, and it got me thinking about the sheeple.  We all look alike from a distance anyway, and our world has made an idol of Jesus who never looked like that.  The Good Shepherd gives his life for the sheep.  It's hard for me to imagine the Egyptians saying "Here's our profitable part of the land, take  it and our sheep."  But what was that prejudice between agriculture and ranching that is still real.  Can't the cowboy and the farmer get along?  




They’ve made an idol that doesn’t even look like the Lord Jesus  of the Bible. The one they talk about’s not virgin born,  never performed miracles, and he never died for the sins of the world and he wasn’t raised bodily.   Now may I say, that’s the Jesus of the liberals.  And he never lived.


That's how McGee put it.


As I see this age come to a close I see how it was never Christian.  But the idea of Jesus held some power to keep people interested in finding the real thing.  But it's only the real thing that ever mattered and it's not Coke.  Or coke.  


No comments:

Post a Comment