Monday, August 28, 2017

New Lieberry Thoughts

So I'm sitting in the Palm Beach County Library and thinking about the differences with Orange County.

For one thing, PB has instituted something I recommended several times.

I have ideas about everything and that brings opinions and it's not always clear when to share them.

Most people don't want them.


But in my last job, feedback was requested.  So I asked for us- many branches of the Orange County Public Library to have a way for visitors to use a computer.  That county is the capital of tourism and so many people come there to use a computer thinking, or being told at their hotel, that libraries are great places to use computers.  Well, they won't let people use them without a library card and the technology to allow sessions here and there- maybe once a year!  once a month!  is so available, but it didn't happen.

They made it happen here in Palm Beach, so good for them.



I've been going to several branches here in South Florida, as I did in Central, and the differences fascinate me.  I like mobiles, and trees.  They both have many very similar things, that are slightly different, and they both are in motion.  I'm in motion too.


Are lieberries a place for misfits, or is every place a place for misfits if you look long enough?

Isn't everybody weird once you get to know them?  And normal, too?

No comments:

Post a Comment