Saturday, August 26, 2017

Rain Thoughts

All alone on a Sunday morning...
Outside I see the rain is falling... falling... fa.. ha... halling..

I had a Barbra Streisand album entitled Wet; which I always liked and am still mad at someone who took it.  Like I want it today, when I can listen to anything on Spotify: unheard of in my yourh- and free.

Records were about three dollars.  At least I would look for those among the others that were 4.99 or something.  And today I want it back?  Not really.  How many times would I have listened to it if I had access to those songs in the interim from then til now?  From 1984 or 5 until whenever I joined Spotify?

I haven't looked for it once.  But I bet I would love it still.

Today and yesterday I've been thinking about rain songs.

Allison Krauss (spelling?) has a compilation album that I love.  It's the songs that were chosen- about teardrops like rain, and strangers and deep faith left unshared and other bluegrass themes- (Is there a song about the railroad- curiously, no- I don't recall one.)  It's the tone and pitch of her voice.  I was listening to it when the CD had a problem and it would skip here and there to random points and even then the sound was so haunting, devoid of its context even, that I still loved it before I cleaned the CD and it returned to playing the polished, well-produced phrasing and instrumentation.  I love what is done with the tempos and the balance of volume between her voice and its various cloakings by instruments.  Sometimes it's like a duet and other times, just soft enough to be heard while she takes the spotlight.

Teardrops will kiss the morning dew...

No more tears- enough is enough- that's a favorite.

... like the fragrance after the rain...

When the rain wa-shes you clean; you'll know.



You will know.

No comments:

Post a Comment