Monday, November 13, 2017

I'm Glad You're Not My Customer, Lady

At the Lantana library, I'm once again having withdrawals from my time as a Technical Trainer in Orange County.

This girl, she is sitting at one of the computers and calling across to workers at either end of the library.  She's not even asking questions, but saying "Hey!" or "Over here!" and just expects the employee to run over to her and help her. 

I can tell by the answers that I hear that this lady doesn't know much about computers.  But she's asking like she does and insulted when they try to explain something.


These people are good.  They explain things in such a way that if the patron is listening, they can learn how to do something- not just realize which button to push.

I'd like to give Computer Confidence classes.  That's my phrase.  Or maybe I should call it Computer Literacy.  That's a proven good title. 

No comments:

Post a Comment