Sunday, February 11, 2018

Samsung Galaxy J7 and Verizon

My new cell phone is in my hands and I wonder how long "cell phone" will be a phrase?  It's already just a phone, isn't it?

I don't like how the audio sounds.

Most times I listen to music on little speakers and as long as it's not too loud, it's fine with me.  If I like the song, I like it on a good sound system or a bad one.  Come to think of it; on this new device the songs sounded fine.  I went the Play Music button and it took me to Google Play Music for the first time.  I think I like Spotify the best and Pandora next but I haven't explored Pandora much and this one- about a minute and a half- so what do I know about the three?

I played Diana Ross radio and it took me to two Supremes songs and an Aretha Franklin song.  Now if anybody thinks Diana Ross and Aretha Franklin sound much alike I think they are, well- mainly wrong.  Of course there are similarities, but... come on.

What I mean about the audio problems is my messages don't sound clear- even when I recorded my name its kind of cheap-sounding, like an old cassette recorder or something.  And it wasn't that I didn't like the sound of my own voice- it was just crackly, even as it took me through the tutorial.

Should I replace my phone- I'm getting used to it, and I like it.

What will the Best Buy sales people think?


The girl who sold me it- she's 20- explained to me with patience the different options and basically it came down to a phone for $59 bucks all the way to $800 bucks and what's the difference?

Well, maybe the difference is the audio.

I guess they're like cars now- you can get lots of different kinds and it's all according to what you want.  If your goal is just to get somewhere they all seem alike.

I've decided I want a white truck- which as my uncle says- will change my image.  I met Jeff when I had a white truck- a rental- and I think he treats me differently than he would if I had had my car that day at Hypoluxo.  But how would anybody know if that's true?  I really feel that in the truck people drove better around me.  Drivers didn't swerve from lane to lane and nobody tailgated- so I still want a truck- but not a white one.

I think I might buy an old truck and go low or no insurance on it- (Neil talked about self-insurance, which is legal no insurance- I've never heard of that but it sounds like something I would benefit from) and instead of the helpful easy rental car or rental truck experience I had after being hit from behind at the stoplight in South Carolina (Columbia?) I'll save a lot of money instead.

It's a puzzle.  I know if I work directly with clients I'll make more money if I show up in a nice car and a crisp white shirt- but do I want to pay for a nice car?

A violinist in an old pickup truck has a certain appeal, but excuse me while I reinvent myself here.

It's a process.

1 comment:

  1. I forgot to mention that someone told me with a straight face, and no plan to change anything, that adding up the monthly payments of their phone it would cost about $800 instead of buying it outright for $299.

    Monthly payments are still payments, aren't they?

    Why do people choose to keep them up?

    ReplyDelete