Monday, May 28, 2018

Bethany and the big burger controversy

 I'm in my corner office, on the corner of Hypoluxo and Military. And the internet was bad so I got to watch the text to speech as it changed capitalization and spelling dependent on context as I was adding it.

Eventually this text to speech will work, but the capitalization is a problem since it's not standard.

I watched as a couple came in and the wife is very curious and went to the self-service kiosk. But the husband went to the line to order as we've done for decades.



And I thought of my interview for my job at dr.  Phillips. I wasn't remotely qualified, but I helped a lot of people there.. and I remember in the job interview when I was asked, what do you think people are like? My disdain for people was just below the surface, my disdain for it just changed Midas to my disdain!

So I told my future boss that because I was working at Disney and because people ask me questions all the time, I thought people were in the main, curious. However, what I really meant and didn't realize it until I said it, was that people wanted to know what  rides and attractions were like without just going on them and experiencing them. What I was actually feeling, was that people were trying to control everything and not letting surprises surprise them.

But, thankfully I realized where my brain was headed, during the interview, and I quickly said something more acceptable, and got the job.

Of course it didn't call me for 6 months, and they first hired somebody else. But it was a great job for me, and I still haven't tried a quarter pounder to see how it's different than a regular Patty which I like very much.

Why is Patty capitalized, or?

Anyway, I learned a lot.

At least.
















No comments:

Post a Comment