Tuesday, May 22, 2018

Bitter Betty

Of course that is not her name. But I just visited her and she was so different then on the phone. In person she was a little critical, which is weird for these situations.
Usually people want to talk and they act like I'm wonderful. Just because I'm listening.

But bitter Betty was a little upset with me because she said I was an hour late. I don't think I was but it doesn't matter.

What matters is Betty has moved on into another stage of life which she cannot accept. It's getting harder and harder for her to remain ambulatory. But she freely admits it's a mental problem. There's no mental diagnosis. But bitterness and thinking only of herself has brought her to the point where everything is difficult and this expresses itself most in her attempts to walk.

There's so many Lonely People who won't call anybody. And there's so many people who only want things their own way.

She told me her husband laughter or rather she left him. She told me her daughter is a drunk. She told me her ex lives pretty close by but they haven't spoken for 7 months. She told me the neighbors are all unsuitable. And she doesn't want to talk to anybody. But on the phone she was so Charming, and so polite that nearly anyone would want to be her phone friend.

Surely that would be good for her and for them.

So maybe phone friends is a new project.

It's so simple. Find somebody who wants to talk and give them the phone number of someone else in the same situation.















No comments:

Post a Comment