Wednesday, May 23, 2018

Royal wedding

There's a difference in how I view this event now that I've been listening to conspiracy theories.

The teaser said that the queen quipped to Prince Philip. Two years ago I would have thought that she might say, hello or buck up or see you back at the castle.

But now I'm looking for words like kuru and signs that it's all an evil show. The Press doesn't help either. They're obviously telling us the things they want us to know. And on the surface that sounds fine. They want us to know what they want as to know. But just like everything else they do, they try to sway our opinion.

But are they also getting things wrong on purpose? With all this talk about fake news, they call the bride the bridge in the subtitles and once they say that the trousers are too tight and before that they say it might be the trousers or it might be the shirt. I'll admit I stopped watching, so maybe they're reporting isn't as bad as I think. But if I noticed problems in 2 minutes of halfway paying attention, what is the press up to?

We already know in politics that there is no unbiased report ever. But maybe the Royals illustrate this also. You got the Democrats who want to be a princess, so they like this stuff. And they interpret the Royals' words as endearing and making them look normal. And then you've got the people who don't want to be royal, who look for holes in the narrative.










No comments:

Post a Comment