Monday, July 16, 2018

New things

 Getting used to new things, it's hard for me.

But, it just occurred to me, that is as hard or harder for the young people.



This comes as a big surprise to me, having taught kids classes many times in the  two or three Summers  before this two-year nightmare.

 For me, recently, there is text to speech. I'm getting used to it. And I really like it now. But it still bothers me that grammar is inconsistent and particularly, that capitalization is nearly random.



I want to be able to look up on Google the differences between words with a capital letter and words with a small letter.

But this is impossible, at least as far as I know. It's probably not impossible. But I don't want to take the time to look it up.

Then there's cell phone itself.



I'm find myself, never really withou, except when I'm trying to sleep. t it

Just yesterday, a friend who would use the cell phone twice in 10 minutes, told me that it has really changed her life. I just smile, and said I think it's changed all of us more than we realize.

I used to tell my students, that we've changed technology, but what's really happened, is it technology has changed us.



And I still think that's true.

I think that's more true now, than I thought before. Well, what I really mean is I think with more certainty that it's true than the certainty I had before it affected me so much.











last


No comments:

Post a Comment