Sunday, May 24, 2020

speaking of leaving things undone

Was Mother Teresa really born in Yugoslavia? It's very possible that the borders changed, but I don't think so. I think she was born in Albania. And how refreshing to hear of her as aesthetically challenged. Because of course as the author says, that certainly makes her more ascetic doesn't it? Of course there's a whole movement devoted to showing how cruel she was. But I think that's just a project made certain by our age which is filled with facts, that are all weaponized, too much time on our hands, and the necessity of destroying anything that's popular.  It's true that Americans really like their presidents. I don't really think about it, but I think that this contest showed that very clearly.  In my trivia group, the two non-americans are into this as well, but of course, they are Americans now. So that just says something about me doesn't it?

No comments:

Post a Comment