Wednesday, April 29, 2015

Acting Squirrely



Yesterday I sat in my car, early for work, watching a squirrel in an oak tree.  I like oak trees.  They remind me of a time in my life when I moved away from South Florida, because growing up there were mostly palm and pine trees, while in Tallahassee there were many oaks.

This squirrel was just staring at me.  He's obviously used to people, like the one that used to come around for a sugared almond every day at Magic Kingdom.  That one would scamper right up until he found a sweet prize; with nothing to stop him.

The squirrel yesterday was staring at me and I was staring at him; through my windshield.  We're just sitting there.

So I started to think about how we're alike.  I don't really know what he's thinking, but I think he is wondering whether I am a threat or a source for food.  I believe those are his concerns.  And how much time do I spend looking for food and avoiding threats?

 Image result for squirrel

No comments:

Post a Comment