Wednesday, May 27, 2015

If Today Be Sweet - Thrity Unrigar

Image result for if today be sweet thrity umrigar
265 × 400 - goodreads.com 
This was a great book.  A friend recommended this author to me and I began with a book that was wonderful, and dramatic; The Weight of Heaven.
I love the way that Thrity Umrigar writes about two cultures with humor and respect for each.  I love the way that the characters seemed so real to me and that the plot surprised me some and also fulfilled some of my expectations.  Her writing is very balanced and delightful to read.  

I say that as if I've read ten of her works.  I have read two.  I will be reading them all.
 

1 comment:

  1. One of the thoughts I related to in the book was when the heroine could not understand how Americans at the gym do not realize that the chemicals they are spraying to clean the gym equipment is much more harmful than the dirt, dust or sweat they are trying to rid the world of.

    I picture sterile people, afraid of their own humanness, trying to wash it away for their "benefit."

    ReplyDelete