Thursday, August 20, 2015

On The Bible Bus

Today Mr. McGee at TTB.org let us know that we on The Bible Bus are moving on to the book of Nahum. I can hardly believe how many books we've covered in such a short time. I'm not finished with three-eyed John, but I guess that's the point; needing a daily vitamin of study, not finishing learning.

I believe I started with Jonah and then we did the 3 Johns, and now Nahum has begun. I knew something was in the middle there, but I had to check the list. Micah was in between 1 and 2 John. I'm excited to see Nahum's prophecy about Nineveh in light of Jonah's success. I have believed for years that the next archeological support for the Bible would come from evidence of Nineveh's redemption in Jonah's time before its destruction after Nahum's prophecy. I guess I've given up on finding Pharoah's chariots underneath the Reed or Red Sea. But if anybody is looking for archeology to support the Bible, they'll find it. Is there any book as geographic even today? I think its unparalleled in ancient literature.

No comments:

Post a Comment