Sunday, January 24, 2016

Big Oil and Big Pharm

I recently went to an exhibit of art that was presumably commenting on big business.  There were logos of global corporations that had been altered to be provocative or ironic.  Dunkin' Donuts was used to comment on police brutality (I guess that's what it was about) and Sherwin Williams logo of a paint can poured out on top of the globe was used to illustrate oil's power over us.  So I suppose that's why when I heard a crinkling wrapper being opened behind me in a quiet auditorium it occurred to me that the oil companies had plotted to make petroleum products cheap and plentiful to drive us mad with all that noise so that we would buy more crazy pills to keep us sane.  Perhaps big oil and big pharm are in cahoots on this.  They both seem to be doing rather well for themselves.  Like the Democrats and Republicans, maybe they're each in business to keep the other one wealthy.

No comments:

Post a Comment