Thursday, January 7, 2016

Hot, Hot, Hot!

I am fortunate to live very close to the best produce stand in the world; a friendly place on Oak Ridge Road between Texas and Rio Grande.  They always have good music playing and although there is a lot of fresh fish, it rarely smells.  One thing they do is to place produce a little past its prime up front and people can just take it if they happen to want a lime that's half rotten.

The staff at Economy Farmer's Market is kind enough to explain how to cook things and what the names are, because they carry products from various countries.  So I've tried new things and it's great.

On the way out one day, I took a very small yellow pepper.  It was in the free bin, and I asked if it was hot.

It was.

I put about two rice grains worth in my smoothie and could drink only a few swallows before finding some frozen bread to chew on. 

No comments:

Post a Comment