Monday, January 25, 2016

I Love McDonoo's

My little cousin used to call it McDonoo's, which is my way of transliterating the way he would say it at about age 5.  It rhymes with the last syllable of Cheerios, so maybe it should be spelled differently.

Anyway, he liked the place and I've always liked the place.

Yesterdee, some of us went rather far away to see a movie.  Money is tight so I figured by choosing to go I was using a lot of gas money.  The lunch site was a little pricey for my current budget so I decided to catch a $2.00 meal at Mickey D's, which I also call Mac Donald's, with the emphasis on the Mac.

I saw a poster for the $1.39 ice coffee (is it actually iced instead of ice?) and really wanted one.  I've been proud of myself for drinking less of it, and for filling up the cup with mostly unsweet to go, but since the promotion has been in place for the low price, I think I've only ordered it twice.  I have the belief that the coffee and half and half are constructive but that there is too much sugar in my diet, and I avoid fake sugar.  But I really wanted one.  My choices seem to hover between what I want and what I think I should have.  And they're so out of whack, I can't tell when I crave something for a good reason or a bad.  Maybe the problem is assigning good and bad to everything rather than determining when something is helpful.

I was spoken to by the gentleman behind me in the line and he was a Believer, telling me all about what I need to read.  I suppose since I had a book in my hand he felt justified.  I vacillate between wanting to talk to strangers and wanting not to talk to strangers.  I had no compulsion to avoid him, but wasn't sure if I wanted to speak.

He mentioned Matthew 6- I suppose that's birds of the air and lilies of the field.  I think the line that Solomon dressed in royal robes wasn't as arrayed as these, but I'm not sure if that's where that verse lives.  I do know that the birds don't store food and the lilies have what they need to wear without worrying about it.  The subject was panic attacks, since I had Dr. Burns' book in my hand, "When Panic Attacks."

The gentleman told me about his neighbor who needed to call 911 for her panic attack.  I am so grateful I haven't gotten to that point.  For true, if I do ever feel like I need to call 911 for that reason, what could ever talk me out of it?  What can they do?  But how does one convince oneself otherwise?  In a way, if you think you need 911, you really need something, even if it's not 911 that can help you.

The gentleman, whose name I forget- maybe Bob? mentioned Psalm 23 and another Psalm also- "Surely goodness and mercy shall follow me all the days of my life" in another translation, and some other verses too.  I couldn't decide if we were making a scene which would help or hurt the Gospel, and that's probably my problem.  If I'm doing what I think I need to be doing, am I making a scene or actually doing what I need to be doing.

I don't think God has an opinion about what I eat for breakfast every day.  Yet, I really don't think He wants me to eat at McDonoo's all the time.  I loved the Sausage McMuffin for $1.20 I think, and the ice or iced coffee for $1.39.  I do think it is wise to eat less at a time and less overall right now, figure out when I'm truly hangry, hungry or hungris rather than bored, happy, sad, thinking of food or wanting to taste something.

Then I left the line with my all-day available breakfast and lo and behind there were two gentlemen I was going to meet at the movies later.  They were already there.  We had a nice conversation as a Republican, a silent man and a jaded political agnostic.  I got the Republican to agree with me on several issues. 

Both parties are evil.  (I don't think he used that word.)
Each party is in business to keep themselves in business and the best way to do that is to keep the other one in business.
Most politicians have sold their soul at least a few times before they get to the point that the public is aware of them.  (I don't think he actually agreed with the severity, but the spirit of the comment.

I said Trump is running to get attention, help Hillary and maybe even win.  My compatriot did not disagree.

The movie was good by the way.  Tom Thanks played a great guy.  I still want him to play Nixon in a sympathetic light, based on that biography that shows he wasn't a monster.  I tend to believe Nixon was a monster, but deep down I know this isn't true.  He must have been a man and I think it would help the United States (or is it The United States) to realize this.

The movie, "Bridge of Spies" told America that the Constitution (or is it The Constitution) is worth preserving.  I think that's great.

No comments:

Post a Comment