Sunday, August 7, 2016

Church and Chipotle Again

Have you tried the tofu?  The flavor is awesome.  Mix it with the slow-cooked shredded beef or the chicken and it's great.

Today I went to the particular Chipotle where I first tasted it.  I had been a fan of an other similar place and someone told me that the meat at Chipotle was a better quality.  So I went and liked everything but the meat.  The chicken seemed over grilled; with burnt edges.  Now, I like that flavor better than I did then; and it took me a few more times to like Chipotle better than that other place.

Now I'm sold.

They put some interesting marketing verbage (doesn't actually rhyme with garbage) on my cup and chip bag, and I think for the first time a fact that might have been obvious to me but just wasn't - hit me.  Well, it's kind of simple but I don't remember noticing, that Chipotle starts with the word "chip."  I guess the Summer promotion of Chiptopia brought that thought home.  Similarly this week I was wondering why, apart from its affiliation with Microsoft, Word pre-dominates to such a crazy extent.  It may be because of its simple, all-encompassing, important to Western tradition, title.

Speaking of The Word made flesh, I went to church today and saw some Word and some flesh.  It was a great service but I'll tell you, I am not used to three hours.  A backrow Baptist I may always be, wherever I'm sitting, I suppose.

No comments:

Post a Comment