Thursday, August 11, 2016

Conversations with DAVE

So somebody tells me that the movie theaters (not theatres, mind you) don't make any money unless they sell concessions.

Maybe that's why there aren't any dollar movies anymore.

Maybe I could open a dollar movie with really good food, or maybe really good expensive food.  I wonder how that would go.  Personally, I would love to walk into a movie theater at any time and find myself watching "The Misfits," say, at the point she's screaming in the desert, stay through the end, get up and get a snack and come back to find "Some Like It Hot" and watch the whole thing, sit through a newsreel from the year that film came out, and decide whether or not to watch the cartoons and/or stay for "River of No Return."  But I always have ideas about what I'd want as a consumer.  What would work as a business and what wouldn't, I am not sure about.

The same person told me that there is so much CGI in movies these days but that hasn't affected the price of making films or the price of going to the movies.  Hey!  This is ridiculous.  I had never thought of it.  But obviously blowing up a building is much more expensive than inserting a picture of a blowing up building.

This gentlemen also said he takes his sweetie to the library for date night.

Aww....

It's cheaper than the movies.

No comments:

Post a Comment