Saturday, November 5, 2016

Apocalypse - A Pox of Lips

There is a warning every day.

YouTube talks about the end of the world all the time.  But that's of course the corner of YouTube that YouTube wants to show me based on all my conspiracy theory searches.

I love listening to the alternate media and that's helped me realize that they're really not more partisan than the mainstream media; they just say things more clearly.

Every day the mainstream media pushes its audience either left or right.  It's as Martin Luther said.  The devil doesn't care which side of the horse one falls off of.

Right now, the right is pretty much a parody and the left likes to be sophisticated.  But SRN news tells the world - which is actually just conservative Christians huddled up waiting to die or for the apocalyse - shoot, how do you spell that?  Apacalyse Apocolypse apocalypse - that's it!  Thank you Google Blogger for your spelling help.  Yesterday at the Hall of Presidents- which may never be updated since we may never have another President- Andrew Jackson was quoted by an actor in a presentation headed by Morgan Freeman- that one has to be quite dumb not to know how to spell a word at least two ways.

Was Andrew Jackson- the first governor of Florida- the first non-aristocrat, right after the last of the Founding Fathers- a hero or a racist?  Can't we have racist heroes by the way?  I think everyone- except for me- is a racist, and can't I be a hero?

The truthism Be Here Now leads me to believe that it's always time for the impending apocalypse.  I think of my trip to Israel before the Y2K non-disaster when computers weren't going to be able to figure out how to turn 99 into 2000.  I remember huddling up in my house with only a Christmas tree worth looking at- the rest was a Hoarders for Beginners experiment- and watching Australia have no problem and then having no problem.

I was working for the bank industry and yep- we all knew how dependent we were on that system of 1s and 0s that had been taken over by computers but really is the same as Rothschild tabulation.  It could have ended at that time.  But are there cuneiform tablets or Etch A Sketches or Risk map setups- maybe on marble tables of various colours in the Vatican that are keeping track of us non-electronically?  If so, do the abacuses in China match those records in London?  Too bad the little upstart records in Libya have been destroyed I suppose- or is that good for us; I mean U.S....

My Mom is ill.  I am in the only part of Florida that might be saved from a title wave- or is it the only part of the country that has had the worst mass shooting in U.S. history?  Oh wait, it's both.

We're always on the cusp of apocalypse aren't we?  And we're always able to huddle back into our own security if we want to.  We can fear or we can love.  That's always true.

The lecture on Apocalyptic- which adjective ending I still don't understand- was the only lecture I remember missing of my mentor in grad school- Corrine Patton (now Carvalho?  What?  Carnival Ho- I don't think so....Uh oh.... I remember respect for the text but not the Giver... is that it?  Shocked.)

But it wasn't the Apocalypse that day.  It was me watching a sick kid who couldn't go to school and me getting paid for it.

I made so much money for doing just what I wanted that year.

And I had no reason to think my life wouldn't continue that way.  But it was calm before the storm.  Apocalyto; Mel Gibson's life as usual before the end would come.  But of course it wasn't the end.  I played violin more the year after taking a year off than ever before.  I played violin more as a Religion grad student than as a Bachelor of Music Violin Performance candidate.  And then I put it down.

Looks like somebody else needs to put something down but there I go again thinking everybody else needs to do something.  Of course everybody else needs to do something; that's obvious.  But why do I see it?  Well, it's a lesson for me, isn't it.  Nobody needs someone around who always tells others what to do- maybe that's why I hide here.  I don't want to do what I'm not supposed to do.

But maybe I'll start doing what I AM supposed to do.

No comments:

Post a Comment