Sunday, November 27, 2016

44 Dunkin Donuts, YouTube and the Future

Now that's a great title.  As the 44th Presidency comes to a close, I'm thinking about what I can do during the 45th.  I will not be getting a tattoo like Biden and Julia Louis-Dreyfus for any affair such as that and I don't think I share fashion sense with Nancy Pelosi.  But I certainly have grown to appreciate DD as in Dunkin Donuts even as I bemoan the fact the KK's Krispy Kremes- leave and everything is great at DD except their donuts.

Anyway...

So I've never lived in the same county as the President before, and I still don't, but I kind of do.  I was driving along A1A and I saw a Border Patrol car.  I've been in South Florida and Florida for years and I've never seen one.  But get the next Prez in here, moaning about immigration, and there you go.  Then I saw Palm Beach police cars out and about and along Trump's place and Palm Beach County Sheriff cars all up and down and in the middle of the road.  There were some other big sturdy looking cars and people hanging around looking ready and I saw a security box on stilts looking over the corner of Southern and A1A where it could also see the Intracoastal.  I wonder what preparations were made on the Ocean side.

It's interesting.

I didn't like in Palm Beach County when Kennedy was coming here, but the legend of Peanut Island was alive and well when I came along.

I couldn't imagine a Trump Presidency or even Candidacy but now I'm getting used to the idea.  I think it's better that than riots in the streets.  And if there are riots, at least Democrats aren't as good with a gun.

It will be interesting to see what the Electoral College does and who notices.  Maybe it will be like the Congressional election and no one will notice; or maybe it will be a hot mess.  People- and by that I mean non-reptilian YouTubers, are still whining about Obama staying in office- yet another thing that never occurred to me until they said it.  Why would he stay in office?

That's crazy.

Well, lots of things are crazy- for instance, I just typed an apostrophe in the word lots just because it ends with S. 

Today there are more connections between Obama and Seinfeld.  Really?  What's up with that?

Lucy Lawless and Michelle- I mean Michael- aren't they a foot different in height?

Well, anybody can say anything I guess and apparently I'll listen to about anything- but what 45 or DE connections lie in wait for us in the next four years?

Maybe I'll go to Deutschland and Denmark and Denver.

Or not.

No comments:

Post a Comment