Thursday, December 1, 2016

Mc and Mac

The inventor of the Big Mac just died and I never met him.  I never had any desire to and it didn't occur to me that one person had done that; as opposed to a committee somewhere making choices for a company.

I have been seeing billboards for McD's that seem oddly Christian.  They are stating that there is only one Big Mac but there are also three.  I haven't heard a pop culture reference to the Trintiy in quite a long time but there it was.

And the day after I try a little Big Mac for the first time; I see that the inventor has died.

Now this may not seem too much of a coincidence, but how many correlations are there and just how odd are they?

The guy dies during the campaign for his creation- the first time anything about it has ever been altered.  I don't think McD's has specific campaigns for certain sandwiches unless they are new- but maybe they do.  But it is the first time the sandwich has changed and presumably the first time he's died.

I've been watching YouTube videos still. and I use that phrase now to mean basically conspiracy theories.  And there are so many ideas that celebrities die either as Illuminati sacrifices or they didn't really die.  Don't conspiracy theorists believe that people just die?  Why's it always got to be a thing.  Sometimes people are old and sometimes people die who aren't old, you know?

So I'm going to McD's here and there every couple days to get out of the house and to get some salt and to get some caffeine- I like Coke, Dr. Pepper, iced tea, iced coffee- and I like to mix them- and I'm pondering why someone would buy a hamburger other than the regular or the McDouble.  Why spend so much more for a bigger sandwich?  If I did want more- which I don't- it would still make more sense to buy two of those instead of spend double money for less food in one of the bigger sandwiches. no?

Anyway, I'm deciding several times if I want a McGriddle- delicious- a Sausage McMuffin- deliciouw, a biscuit - delicious, or a McDouble.  I know I don't want to pay two bucks extra for an egg on the McGriddle or the McMuffin- but which sandwich do I feel like is a common decision for me.

So then they come out with the little Big Mac and I wonder why it's twice as much as a McDouble?  What's the difference?  I want to figure it out, but the answer doesn't come to me except one has sauce.  Won't they just give me some sauce- any type at all- if I just ask?  Why are people buying this other sandwich.  I just don't know.  I asked one worker what the difference was and he had no idea.

I almost asked the manager lady until I was taken aback by realizing she is a man.  But hey- I could ask the question to any gender- couldn't I?

So right after I actually try a little Big Mac and still can't explain the difference to my satisfaction, the inventor dies.  Well, I think he died Monday, but I ate the sandwich yesterday and heard the news today.

So- he didn't call it a Big Mc because he thought that sounded too weird. 

I continue to call the place Mac Donald's or McDono's or Mickey D's- and I noticed that although there are Ms everywhere they don't use the name either as much.

So there you go.

If I am thinking about something too much people die.

What does that say for the YouTube conspiracist?

Obama is Seinfeld is Keanu Reeves is Heath Ledger?  Come on.  It's not like there is a shortage of people who want to be on tv.

No comments:

Post a Comment