Thursday, January 19, 2017

This Video Not Available in Your Country

I think we all grow up thinking that our country is special.  Whether or not your parents told you that you were special and whether or not you believed them; I think there is a message from each culture, each religion, each locale, each club, each school and each governmental entity that simply by their existence, the members have worth because they belong to something worthwhile.

That being said, I've only ever lived in the United States.

Our patriotism may be different than other places' but I'm sure you have something similar that you don't question at first and then as one matures one starts to compare.

Well, YouTube, which is owned by Google, I think; at least it was, has just informed me that a video I wanted to see is not available for view in my country.

Google owns this site too: Blogger.com.

What do you mean there are videos on YouTube- we call know there are more copyright infringements than personally produced content- so that's no excuse- that I can't see here.

Why does it matter where I am?

What is my government keeping from me, or what is the holder of the rights to this video keeping from people under my government?

I don't like this, YouTube.

It was friendlier living not knowing that the government of the United States is a terrorist organization.

It was better to think that the government was like some out of touch uncle who provided treats that may or may not be appropriate or appreciated on various holidays.

It was more helpful to my mental stability to think that if there were bad result; and I've always known there are- that they weren't always intentional.

I don't think everything an organization does is bad; but I do think much of it is deliberately counter-productive and different than said organization's stated goals.

SO there!

I've just given my opinion on a site that doesn't work that well but provides me a free place to keep my stuff.

so there.

No comments:

Post a Comment