Thursday, September 20, 2018

Red wheelbarrow

 Williams Carlos Williams

The only problem I remember in its entirety, at least I hope I remember every word.


So Much depends
Upon a red wheelbarrow

Glazed with rainwater

Beside the white chick ens.e s e e he




Well, I know that text to speech at a problem.



The Raper from Passenack

This one wasn't in high school.

Page 99

Selected poems
Edited by Charles Tomlinson
A New Directions Book
Copyright 1917 through 1985

Man, I hadn't thought of it, but I would have guessed he wrote in the 30s.

The Raper from Passenack
was very kind. When she regained
her wits, he said, It's all right, kid,
I took care of you.

What a mess she was in. Then he added,
You'll never forget me now.
And drove her home.

Only a man who is sick, she said
would do a thing like that.
It must be so.

No one who is not diseased could be
so insanely cruel. He wants to give it
to someone else-

to justify himself. But if I get a
venereal infection out of this
I won't be treated.

I refuse. You'll find me dead in bed
first. Why not? That's
the way she spoke,

I wish I could shoot him. How would
you like to know a murderer?
I may do it.

I'll know by the end of this week.
I wouldn't scream. I bit him
several times



And there it ends without a period at the end of the sentence.


























































No comments:

Post a Comment