Sunday, August 4, 2019

footless stage directions to

 the the musical Footloose was different than the musical Evita when was my first and when was my fourth at Lake Worth Playhouse and my seventh overall.    For somebody's eyes, which Debbie handling very well for a blocking nightmare, I was want to be elements. And added a word to the script making it Chicago street fight, which nobody said anything about, and I think it was a great addition, and I had a few words sad so that you could get seated at his desk as the principal. For some reason Corey wanted to turn it into a real pushing match with the boys and was right up in my face for no reason that I could tell. But I made it work, by being really far away from him. Then my third appearance on stage which in the script is negligible was improve its by my facial expressions when it's time to leave the card table. First appearance on stage fourth appearance on stage, what's the best line of the play that mouth of yours when sweat made your daddy walk out in the first place. I was blocked with three people standing to in behind me, you're supposed to be trying to sneak in, I had to do something different. Obviously I don't take authority on stage, but telling me not to move hasn't fixed it no matter how many times people have told me that. Something needs to change in my behavior but I think it's mostly my arm movements. Then I'm done for the First Act, give the mic to Devin, and come in on the Town Council scene. You know, a license plate is a happy path, and then I got to ad-lib changing what I think is for words into a few more so that Colleen could actually get mad at me. How dumb is it for her to get mad if I only say four words? Then I come on stage for the church and then the prom. And then that's it. Only two costumes, which Brian suggested I be rumbled the coach shirt and the short sleeve Oxford. Show's over, everybody and their brother gave me advice as to how to do things differently and I never captured the attitude I had in the audition. Mason said I had a great face for the stage and you didn't know how to feel about me since I was mean on stage and nice in real life. I didn't capture his meanness enough and audience clapped once and I was told to sit down. And two other times people were glad audibly and that I was told to sit down. So it was learning experience, and I've got a place to grow.

No comments:

Post a Comment