Wednesday, November 25, 2020

Frankly

I didn't grow up with Frank Sinatra singing Christmas carols for me. But listening to his kids from one to 92, I like it. This is my first Frank Sinatra of the season, and he's definitely laid back, but I surely like Frank Sinatra better now than I used to.  This one has a beautiful old-fashioned choir in the background.  And when will we ever hear that today, unless you're watching a Disney classic? Or unless it's Christmas time?  Then, it's not Whitney and not Vanessa, but somebody else singing Do You Hear What I Hear.  I like it except for the stah, a stah, dancing in the night, and shouldn't Whitney and Vanessa have a standard?  Chuck Berry Run Run Rudolph is next and I didn't grow up with him either. It's a little harsh and repetitive. But nothing wrong with it. The guitar solo is good though,.followed by one of those disco orchestra's God Rest Ye Merry Gentlemen, the intro, which is actually Carol of the Bells. And the bells and the bells and the bells and more Bells

No comments:

Post a Comment