Monday, November 23, 2020

so what's changed

I remember a time when water was free, and then a time when people paid for it and carried it around with them constantly. I remember a time when phones were just in homes so when you called and nobody answered you figured they were maybe not home. Now it's getting to the point where people think you hate them when you don't answer. As if you couldn't possibly be doing anything else period so what are the types of things people do while they're on the phone, I don't want to know but it reminds me of that song that said in the middle of making love we noticed the time we both got nervous cuz it's way after 9:00. And I thought, these people are engaged in a list of activity because they're bored at home and now they're bored in the middle of this song too. Personally, I left my phone at my aunt's once and didn't notice for a while. Now I would probably notice in 10 minutes max. So as I said in my computer classes, the phone has changed us more than we have changed technology. I want to see a cartoon, where Alexander Graham Bell or somebody who's inventing the phone, says hey great period now we can have p*** with us 24/7. Because that's the end result, but I don't think anybody saw that coming. I don't think anybody saw anybody coming. Generally speaking. People are interpreting this mask thing completely differently. Lots of people have them hanging below their chin.  That's interesting, because if the virus was on their mask, they're putting it very close to their mouth now. And then there are other people who don't have it cover their nose. I suppose they're also breathing through their nose? And then lots of people don't wear them at all. I just look around, and if I see somebody with a mask on I know it'll make them feel better for me to have my mask on. I guess you could interpret that as an infringement upon my personal liberties. But it's kind of like me wearing clothes when I'm out. It doesn't matter what I'm wearing when I'm alone. I don't feel oppressed by that. I noticed that the YouTube algorithm does not give me videos about politics from 2 days or less ago. So I've been searching for videos that posted the last hour in the last day. but if it's trying to get me to watch videos, which we think algorithms do, wouldn't it give me the latest things first since I've done the same operation for I don't know, 2 weeks? so it does come to mind again, if the algorithm is slanted, which is dumb. Because of course everything is slanted, but the question is in which way is the algorithm slanted. If we go with the hypothesis that Trump just wants attention, then that would make sense with the current state of affairs. Him being crazy doesn't make sense, because crazy people don't succeed. And being a genius playing 4D chess makes sense, but it's much more likely that he just wants attention all the time.  Clearly Democrats cheap, and nobody's talking about it, but of course Republicans cheat. Duh. with apocalyptic visions on both sides, there's more cheating this year than most of the years. But to what extent? Of course computers can be used to cheat, but were they and how would we prove that?

No comments:

Post a Comment