Sunday, November 22, 2020

retro or throwback

Four Christmas songs the way I like them, where you can't really tell what decade they're from. Baby it's cold outside, which if I remember was controversial last year.  I still think duets are my favorite thing, and there's so many versions of this one that it's hard to judge them all.  Good orchestrations behind them, which is one reason I love Christmas, because when else can you hear an orchestra in a pop music setting?it's beginning to look a lot like Christmas from Dionne Warwick and Rock around The Christmas Tree by Amy Grant which is only the second Amy Grant I've heard I think, and a great let it snow with some melodic changes and a male singer.  I couldn't tell who it was. But he did what Ella does which was keep everything the same except change the melody and I've heard a couple of those Trans-Siberian orchestra Mannheim steamroller songs, most commonly Carol of the bells.

No comments:

Post a Comment