Thursday, March 12, 2015

Complimentary Coffee

I'm standing in front of a cavy, which kind of fascinates me because I never heard of such an animal until I was an adult.  An employee comes up to me and talks to me for a little bit and I'm not sure what to do- engage in conversation, politely respond and retreat into silence, or flirt.  I guess I wouldn't know the difference between flirting and being polite anyway- and she was working, so I didn't say much.

She offered me a popcorn or a coffee, or something else- which I didn't quite catch since I was taken aback. 

She saw my look of shock- usually I go to theme parks trying not to spend money, and didn't expect them to give me anything- and asked if I had been presented with too many options.

At the time, I was picturing an ice coffee with whipped cream and some delicious flavoring, so instead of asking her for the choices again, I said that I would take a coffee, and thanked her several times.

I do that when I'm shocked- I just respond, or not, and don't really assess the situation or review my options.

It reminds me of the time we high school boys were at EPCOT and using a touch screen, which was a futuristic novelty at the time, and instead of word choices, there were pictures.  And when pictures came up of choices- one of them was of a beautiful young lady- and we all just instinctively pushed that button without realizing we were asking someone to come over and help us with information.

Apparently I'm still emotionally twelve.

Image result for disney blond employee white shirt nametag

No comments:

Post a Comment