Monday, March 2, 2015

I was talking with two other people about movies and when we mentioned a particular star, one of them said that he is her uncle.

I was surprised, and asked her "Which one of his films is your favorite?"

She answered, "I don't think I've ever seen any of his films."




There are people who just talk, and don't mean what they say.  But this young lady was absolutely serious.  So I tried to climb inside her head.  Under what circumstances would I not know whether or not I had seen my uncle up on the big screen?  I can't imagine.

I can imagine boycotting my uncle's films.  I can imagine seeing all of my uncle's films.  I can imagine seeing some of my uncle's films and forgetting which ones I had seen.

But I just can't imagine not knowing if I had ever seen him up there.

No comments:

Post a Comment