Saturday, March 28, 2015

Labor Day - Josh Brolin and Kate Winslet

I would prefer not seeing a preview or trailer before watching the movie, but that rarely happens.  Many times I try not to pay attention to them. 

I wonder how I would have liked this movie if I had only seen the cover of the DVD, with a couple bathed in sunlight.



The premise of this movie is terrible.  Yet, some of the best situations do actually start out from awful beginning.  I really liked the movie.

Image result for labor day movie
350 × 500 - redbox.com 

The film was beautifully photographed, with perfect sunlit days that provided the setting for this unlikely happening.  But as unlikely as the plot seems, we don't want to watch movies about things that happen all the time to all of us, every day.  
 
Who wants to see on screen what we see looking out a window?
 
Sometimes the threat saves us.  It's just true- not commonly, but possibly.


The casting of Tom Lipinski was perfect.  I wasn't sure if some CGI Benjamin Button style youth magic had been used to make Josh Brolin younger.

All the acting was great.  And each character had good and bad points, like people. 



No comments:

Post a Comment