Friday, July 3, 2015

Teaching Isn't Saying Whatever Comes to Mind

Aboard the Bible Bus this morning, I listened to the Daily 5-Year Bible Study with J. Vernon McGee speaking on 1 John 4:1-3.

Speaking on false prophets and spirits, he expressed a belief that I have which is that we really need to understand that this endeavor; our life, our person, our purpose, is a spiritual one that includes our physical realm.  We are supposed to take care of eating, and exercising and working, but realize that what we see is just a small portion, and not the important portion of reality.

I think for the most part we are supposed to ignore the forces that we're not sure about, and we can't be sure of anything that's not in the Bible.  Boy that sounds close-minded.  But the Bible does not say that everything is God and God is everything.  It's mysterious how God created evil, why and to what extent, but it's beyond me.  I think it's beyond us.  Rather than thinking about that, I want to do the things I'm told to do like be nice and speak truth and help people.  My tongue can lay low the proudest man, but is that what I'm supposed to do?  I really don't think my tongue belongs anywhere near that.  I've been king of the scoffers as if I never read Psalm 1.  Thanks to Spotify for giving me the idea to bring together lots of versions of that, and Marlo (Edith) for FB posting Psalm 1 more than once. 





We're supposed to test the spririts- not study the spirits or follow the spirits or define the spirits.  It used to be, and J. Vernon saw this before I did, being on the West Coast California Dreaming WonderLAnad la la LA, (Los Angeles) that the supernatural was ridiculed and no scholar seriously regarded it.  But in this age, Aquarius or whatever, the supernatural is now accepted, and intelligensia and colleges have changed.  There is still much pull back from this idea, but it's not just the public or the people that think this way.  Scholars and researchers have returned to this idea like the alchemists and the medicine men before them.

John and Paul warned of false teachers.  We need to know spirit of God, not sit around complaining or learning about the tactics of anybody else.  If we're not doing what Jesus said to do, everything else is a distraction and a waste.

"Every spirit that says that Jesus Christ has come in the flesh is of God" is good, but this leads to confusion. We're headed for one religion and one political system worldwide and although it sounds good....

Why does it even sound good to me?  Well, that's simple.  The time is getting closer every day and we all are being prepared for it, as the world itself is being made ready. 

No comments:

Post a Comment