Saturday, September 26, 2015

Hypercrisy

I just had a great conversation with someone.

They are constantly doing something- and we just had a conversation, filled with passion, about how they hate it when people do that very thing.  She went on and on about how other people do this, and I did not say that she does it all the time.

I listened and thought.

It reminds me of when I went somewhere and the leader of the group told us all to be quiet, and then spoke through the whole presentation even when the guide told her to hush.

I don't think this is hypocrisy.

These people care very much about an issue and they don't realize that they're doing it too.

I've read several places that the only things that really bother us are issues that relate to ourselves in some way.

For instance, if I call you green, and you've never felt green, you really won't care; but if I call you fat...


If I start paying attention to the issues that really bug me, I'll learn something about myself.

No comments:

Post a Comment