Wednesday, March 27, 2019

Evolution of a Blog

A Blog can be several things.

I remember one of my students at the library, basically screaming what is a Blog? And of course, didn't know she was being loud. And, libraries aren't silent anymore. There is just a little glass wall between us and the people on the computers, you know, the patients who want silence the most.

So, today, in this blog post, I'm throwing out some ideas but I might want to think about later. But then I'm also venting of things I should let go of, and just putting things into the record in case I want to know when something happened if I ever decide to go back and look at this blog sometime in the future.

At the cast party, Andrew turned to me and said, are you auditioning tomorrow? And instantly, it occurred to me, but that's the kind of friends I need to have. You know, somebody who knows what I'm interested in, and thinks I'm capable of pursuing it, and just throws out a question that may help me or interest me.

My so-called friends, tell me things like oh, you can't really sing. Or, why don't you have a real job? Or Snidely, I guess you don't have to work? Now, these people are either involved in my financial affairs, or they're not. And if they're not, why do they have an opinion about them? And if they don't like my singing, believe me, I completely understand that. But why do they have to say it?

It reminds me of the lady, who went to the book club meeting to tell the author that the book contained too much cursing. Well, I probably would have thought the same thing. But there's no reason for me to tell the author that. The author probably knew how much cursing was in the book.

Yesterday I went car shopping, and it was mentioned that everybody has an opinion. And that's usually said when somebody doesn't want to hear somebody else's. The manager ask my car shopper if she had undergone some tragedies in her life, no he said, did you have a tragedy because he thought that explained her directness, and wanting to know all about a car. And I think that's a good lesson for me, because questions definitely have their place. And I'm glad I didn't just buy that car. Because chances are, it may have run for a month or less. Then again, we're just taking our best guesses with cars.

I think mechanics, and car salesmen, and new car salesmen, and car rental places, I do a better job for customers if some of their services were combined.

Why can I pay someone, a monthly fee,, and they can just give me a car and the minute it stops working, I can trade it for another one, and I don't care what it looks like. There's got to be a price point I wish we would all benefit from this. Many people want a certain car, and many people want their own car, and many people Define one another by their cars, but I just want something that works.

At Lynn, during Paint Your Wagon, somebody wanted to know what I drove, because they were trying to pigeonhole me. At Southwest, two people talked about cars and how they feel bad having people see what they drive. And it's true, if you show up in a better car or in a white shirt with a tie, you can get more money for whatever you're charging. The haircutter yesterday said that when she worked at an exclusive salon the only difference was about a half an hour. And the price. I told her to go back into theater. And she said there's no coincidences.

So I auditioned yesterday, in a little rehearsal space, that was very hard to find because they're all these numbers streets that aren't really in order. 2 thought of that?

And speaking of design flaws, this McDonald's, was remodeled and now the tables are ugly, with a real thin table top designs that seems really cheap, and a two-tone color scheme that looks cheap. I don't understand what exactly is worse about it, but it seems to have less friendly Nooks that used to encourage visiting among the patrons, and other the color scheme seems like it would be inviting, it's kind of like boring brown and white. I haven't put my finger on it, but the place seems smaller. And I bet they spent a lot of money on this.

And they continue to hire people that don't speak English very well.

This is a problem in America. Customers want perfect American accents, and people without perfect American accents wein opportunities.

Yeah, text to speech I'm sure that's what I meant.

They want opportunities. But how do I offer accent reduction classes without being a racist? When did racism become as bad as serial killers?

 we've been talking about the Hispanic hierarchy and who's at the bottom, and who admits that they're at the bottom, and I think hierarchies are the problem not which particularly hierarchy we're talking about.

There's a hierarchy of Education which is confused with intelligence. There's the hierarchy of skin color which is confused with cultural differences. There is the hierarchy of money, which is confused with success and or worth.

 anyway, I think the two selections of they call the Wind Mariah and Bill common are great contrasting songs and I can do both of them. And especially sitting on the floor for one was a good idea.


When I started this blog, I was into typing and find some colors, and now I just want to talk and I went text-to-speech to figure out what I'm talking about. I was previously into punctuation in and capitulation standardization and now I'm just over it.





































No comments:

Post a Comment