Friday, March 15, 2019

Lynn University

 I think this green room, is where Brock and Michael came 4 the debate.

I had a long conversation, with someone who is very involved in the debate here but then went home and watched it on TV. And we stood on the stage, and saw the coins embedded where the debate took place there.

Working with two new musical directors, I ainu producer-director and a new choreographer.  I like Katie, because I think she understands it all.  Doesn't try to make a silk purse out of a sow's ear. 





There's a painting on the wall of a famous lady with Aviana parasol, and I think it's Renoir. Outside, there's a statue of it and I was thrilled to see the poppies before I knew they were fake, because they seemed so perfect around that figure.

I've seen the painting itself, Like A reproduction itself, there are no poppies. Nothing like poppies. So how did it seem so right to me, a familiar thing in an unfamiliar way, unknown to me. Rather Mandela ish.

I seen so many Mandela effect videos, and the only things that strike me AR the globe and in this one it's disturbing too.

So I'm in The Green Room, I don't want to capture this moment, and here's the other picture on the wall.

This is a new chapter, but it may just be a page long. I have no idea.

At this point, I've done three shows at the Lake Worth Playhouse. And one at Barclay. A paragraph


This is my second Paint Your Wagon, and my first show at Lynn.

I got the call to be in A Little Night Music, which I could not do because of this. And I got a text to be Henry Ford in Ragtime.

I audition for Camelot, not Oliver for some reason, Lend Me a Tenor, which was a joke, because they didn't even have any clear about anybody's voice ranges.

And I auditioned for Young Frankenstein. And then I couldn't audition for sweet charity, because of this.

And, although I can't dance at all at Lake Worth Playhouse, here I am at Lynn with tons of choreography, and I know they're all lying, but I must not be as bad as I think I am. Although, it's going to look like a joke, or somebody who can't dance, which is true. But I don't want to do it if it's not funny.

Choreography is so tricky. And almost always looks dumb. A bad dancer is worse can a bad actor and a bad singer is worse than a bad actor. But an okay dancer just is not entertaining. Although an okay singer can be okay.

I want a new vision for choreography, just like I want a new vision for casting. Just like I want a new vision for audiences.


































No comments:

Post a Comment