Monday, March 11, 2019

Today at Lynn University

I scoped it out Friday.

The email didn't give me an address. But even if it had, I wanted to be there before I had to be there at 9 am.

Today, I was running early, since I decided not to go to McDonald's, and I went around the block near Lynn and that took a long time. Over the river, through the woods, over 95, along the Airport and back to where I started. But I was like 10 minutes early anyway.

I didn't know where the salon was, but luckily it was right next to the stage. We got some time on the stage. And I met a lot of people. One person I knew, from Bye Bye Birdie, and I was kind of glad. But kind of surprised and kind of sad, that nobody from Paint Your Wagon at Lake Worth Playhouse was there.

It's great to do a work again, and even better as a different character.

I was Salem.

Now I'm Sandy.

The choir sounded good immediately. And they seemed a lot like other theater people I've met.

Some are real singers, and some are real actors, and I suppose, but some of the girls are real dancers. One of them walks like an a dancer.

The lunch setup is amazing, if somebody wants a lot of food. But, if you just want a snack, I think it's eight bucks. And, eight bucks for all the food you'd ever want. I had the best salad, and homemade potato chips, and a couple desserts, including some to go.

But, with my new eating habits, which are eating less amount and eating less often, I really shouldn't eat that much at one time.

But it sure was a pretty salad and it will be hard not to do that every day. But at the same time, it feels good to know what's good for me.

I think most of my issues come down to stress reduction.



For some reason, I hadn't noticed all my lines in my script like I thought I had. So, I was one of the weak links. But, they didn't bother me at all, because I know the show, and I don't have that many lines, and I'm glad I have a little line to sing by myself, about double the size f a little line I seen by myself in Evita.

It was nice to meet Elizabeth Taylor look alike.

And, the differences between professionals and amateurs, and skill levels, and what actually comes out through a performance it's just amazing to me.

Study is great. Experience is great. Passion is great. Preparation is great. But it's something more than that. Some people just shine in certain situations. And truth be told, professionals are just unprofessional in different ways, Ben amateurs are.

Attitude is everything. No, attitude is 80%. But you know, 80% is a b. And I've seen lots of performances that were lower than that and lots that were higher than that.


































No comments:

Post a Comment