Tuesday, April 12, 2016

Downton Abbey Season Number r Quote

Alright.  I don't have my glasses on but I can almost read what I'm typing.

And what's the difference?  isn't reading the result of seeing most of the letters and filling in the gaps?  Surely reading is not the act of being able to discern every letter in order!  That's not reading; it's a start.

Today in Downton Abbey, which I hope I'm spelling correctly, but can't really tell.... there was a quote by the newly hired pig farmer that struck a chord.  Generally movies about pig farmers are meant to covey some sort of concrete profundity; due to the pig's place in our culture- pearls before swine; she eats like a pig; he sweats like a pig (they don't sweat) Sweathogs... silk purse out of a sow's ear... piggies gone to market.... pig in a poke, pig at a trough, pig out, Porky Pig, Porky's, Piggly Wiggly.... they often stand at the crossroad of daily life with the profound....

Anyway, the newly hired pig farmer said that work is just like getting old.  And it certainly is.

It's the worst thing in the world except for its alternative.

As the Dowager Countess said, it's a choice between death and life.  And even there the pig stands at the crux, or is it the cruz?  As a helpful sistainer for people, the dear piggies is forbidden, but like bacon; so tasty.  Isn't everything better with bacon?  I haven't found anything that isn't- well, maybe whipped cream, but I've never tried it.

Until my taste for meat goes away... and I just ate a delicious Sausage McMuffin; which I assume majored in pig..... I'll probably love bacon.

No comments:

Post a Comment