Tuesday, April 12, 2016

Watergate and The Water Gate

When I was old enough to have very strong opinions about television shows but not old enough to note the difference between reality tv and non-reality tv, my Mom would watch something she called "Watergate."  This was the most boring show I could imagine.  I hadn't yet been introduced to 24/7 Headline News or sports news shows or televised golf.. at least not much of it, anyway.

I had no idea that this television show was a real trial.  I just thought it was horrible television.  And once I walked right up to the set and turned if off while my Mother was watching.  Maybe she had looked away or maybe I wanted to flaunt the fact that I could tell it was garbage even if I thought she couldn't.  I don't remember doing it but I do remember the aftermath.  It was asked of me "How would you feel if someone turned off the tv during 'Wild Kingdom?' "   Well, I suppose I'd just go turn it back on, I probably said and probably still would say.  I used to love that show.  I wonder how it would appear to me now.  But I have no desire to watch more than five minutes of Watergate.

Today on J. Vernon McGee's Through the Bible broadcast at TTB.org it was mentioned that Ezra read the Bible at The Water Gate, in Jerusalem, that is.  So I did a quick Google search to see if anyone pinpointed a connection between Nehemiah who I think was the ruler at the time, and Nixon.

No comments:

Post a Comment