Friday, September 22, 2017

Frog Voice

I'm sitting by the entrance but not as close as the other day.  Then, I kept hearing the sliding door open and then an indecipherable growl/grumble that wasn't loud but an odd timbre and it kept happening every time the door opened.  Sometimes I heard a person speak after this sound, and other times nothing.

Well, I can understand why some people say nothing.

This unremarkably looking woman sits at the door and says "Hi" as each person enters but her word sounds like some other noise and I think to myself:

1) Do we really need a greeter?

2) Is this greeting welcoming or alarming?

3) Did she start doing this when she had a voice or did she say to herself, "Self, I really need to do something to gain more confidence with the way I speak."  Hmmm?

No comments:

Post a Comment