Sunday, September 24, 2017

Substituting

Thinking about my teaching experience at the lieberry, and Huntington, I think substituting will be good for me; at least in some situations.

I remember as a student I thought substituting would be terrible.  And I was bad at day care, but of course I wasn't grown.  There is so much difference between how I feel inside- the same as then- and what people see on the outside.

The other day I pulled up a chair in between two guys.

Each of them scooted their chair away immediately; giving me extra room.  It took me a second to keep from responding.  I wanted to laugh and/or make a joke, but I didn't do either one.


I remember Grandma at 80 saying that she still felt much younger and when hearing someone was elderly she immediately thought how old they were, before coming back to realize she was usually older.

I wonder if nearly everyone feels this way.

I do.

No comments:

Post a Comment