Sunday, April 29, 2018

Remember this day, Herod

I'm on my way to the Boca Black Box. I'm hurtling down Lyons Road at Clint Moore Boulevard. I hardly ever go to Boca. But here I am. There were only two shows of Jesus Christ Superstar. And my mom had a point. It's not worth driving this far for such a small role. Or is it the best thing in my life for the past 3 years?

Is this my first solo since 9th grade? Why yes it is. Did I do a good job? Why yes I did.

Isn't it funny that I was selected to sing a tenor solo? And that's the reason I stopped doing solos isn't it? When I wasn't a tenor anymore, I just stop singing. But I believe people can come full circle. I believe people can start again. I believe I have done for shows and I'd like to do 400. And two years ago I wouldn't have done any. So here I am.

Do I have enough experience to play King Arthur in Camelot? Why I know I don't. Does that mean I want audition?

That remains to be seen. One show.

And then I'm just an actor without a script.



You know what that will make me?

Will an actor without a script is just a liar.












No comments:

Post a Comment