Tuesday, December 17, 2019

Christmas music

Ella on my CD

Ella giddy yap at Wendy's

Followed by Mahalia Jackson singing Silver Bells. I must have heard this one before, but I sure forgot it. I think a Silver Bells bells  as too modern, and there aren't any grammatical errors in it that I can see. I like that, it's very secular, and it's more r&b than I expect.

It just means I need some more Mahalia Jackson in my life and of course the biopic is on its way.

Al Green Jingle Bells, not so much. Not bad, I just like his other stuff better.

Speaking of Michael, give a little more love on Christmas day I had forgotten about it. Haven't Determined if there any Adult Christmas songs, well I mean songs he sang when an adult.

He could have redone that as an adult, to success, I think.  He sounds good there, and everywhere.  Even though I don't think of his voice is changing as a castrato, it sounds very different then later stuff.



I continue toI really like This Christmas.


So nice to hear an R & B version, slow, of Merry Christmas Baby.  He's hitting all my sweet spots.Jingle Bells reference, on point.

All lit up like a Christmas tree even tho not drinking?  I thought "lit" was newer.  Once again the trend gets to white culture in subsequent decades.


Ronnie Spectre I mean Spector. Mommy Kissing... 





No comments:

Post a Comment